Via Epia watchdog linux driver

Juan Eliseo Carrasco Diaz eliseo at cicei.com
Fri Nov 25 22:29:28 UTC 2005

 I have seen that the VT1211 chip (my epia PD6000E motherboard include
it) support watch dog timer, but I can't find any watchdog kernel driver
that support it. I have tried all the watchdog kernel modules without
success (softdog.ko works with every PC because it's software).

 The last version of OpenBSD support it:
 http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/cvs/2005-09/0883.html

 I downloaded the viasio.c and viasioreg.h files from
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/isa/ to see what they
do and try to create my own linux watchdog module but I don't know how.

 Somebody know?

 Somebody can get the VIA VT1211 datasheet?

 Thank you!