Install only? and slocate

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 28 22:45:30 UTC 2005

I tried upgrading a computer which had three installations on it. (Two
fedora, one another vendor) The installer did not give a prompt where
you could choose to upgrade any of the existing installations.
Therefore, I wiped the third party installation and reformatted the
partitions where that istallation was. Is the upgrade facility in the
installer gone or broken? (At least on the computer that I tried.)

I therefore referenced the release notes to find out if this was an
intended behavior. I did not see any notes to this being the case.

I did notice a reference to slocate and it is not even installed.
Running locate works though and no configuration was needed,

Jim

--
Doing gets it done.