Firefox and Flash problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 10:39:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

Following Warren's security alert yesterday, I downloaded the rpm of
Flash and installed it. I closed down firefox and tried to restart, but
nothing happened.

If I try to start it from the command line using firefox -browser, all I
get back is

/usr/lib/firefox-1.5/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 16936 Segmentation fault
"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

I next became su and ran firefox, and it was fine - so I know there is
nothing wrong with the software.

Next, I created a new profile and that worked okay, so I've now limited
the problem to my default profile and given the error, I'm assuming that
something is trying to be run (probably flash), but it's not being
found.

Does anyone know which file contains the configuration and lists the
programs to be loaded so I can try and sort the problem?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx
"Mmmmmm, mass opiates...." - Homer Simpson