Kernel-Source-Code?

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Tue Nov 29 21:45:39 UTC 2005

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I downloaded the kernel.src.rpm and installed it, so that i can compile
> ndiswrapper. somehow, it doesnt find the files needed. Did anybody
> succeed to install the kernel-sourcecode? did i take the wrong file?
>
> thx,
> roger

Wrong package. You want kernel-devel for your kernel (uname -a). And
ndiswrapper does work with some drivers and not as well with others
becuase of the stack issue stephen mentioned. Look for a native driver,
change the 4kstacks option or possibly download the free recompiled
kernels from linuxant (kernel not DriverLoader) if youre feeling lazy.
Native is the way to go if you have the option though IMO. -mf