gaim dependendent on kdelibs?

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:45:57 UTC 2005

Just checking. I rebuilt my development install by starting with a
minimal FC4 install, upgrading it to development, then adding the just
packages I want (along with their dependencies). The only problem I've
encountered is with gaim. Although it installed without any objections,
it kept crashing on me when I'd try to send a message via my msn
account. Starting from a terminal gives the following msg:
~$ gaim
sh: lnusertemp: command not found
can't create mcop directory
Poking around a bit, it appears that lnusertemp is provided by kdelibs.
After installing kdelibs, all appears to be well. However, nothing in
rpm -q --requires gaim reveals no such dependency. A bug?

--
Steven I. Usdansky, PhD
Traveling Geologist
usdanskys at rocketmail.com