Thinkpad T20 and Audio

Msquared sub1.fedoralist at msquared.id.au
Wed Oct 19 13:51:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:19:21PM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Sound does not work on Thinkpad T20 in Rawhide It detects the soundcard
> but I can't hear test sound System bell works, but general audio does
> not.

Try this:

  * Launch the Volume Control app (Applications/Sound & Video/Volume
    Control)
  * Open the preferences (Edit/Preferences)
  * Scroll down the list of options and enable DAC (near the bottom)
  * Pop back to the main volume app and slide the DAC slider all the way
    up (it may appear on the Capture tab)

You should be able to disable the DAC control again and it should all
still work fine.

I hope that helps!

Regards, Msquared...