modular X- any chance for FC5?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 21 01:16:54 UTC 2005

Are there any plans to include modular X for FC5. If not the modular
version, the latest monolithic version of X.

I have rawhide xorg-x11-6.8.2-55 installed currently. I have
xorg-x11-6.8.99.901 downloaded in source, but not compiled.

The main reason that I am interested in the upgrading of X is for dual
head operation with a computer I use. I get the internal Intel 815 to
work somewhat in conjunction with a Matrox PCI G200 card for rawhide but
not with FC4. (Still not enough to work, but closer)
There were messages related to work with the mga driver. My hope is for
the latest version to include enough improvements to get my dual head
operation to become reality.

The modular X seems that it would make improving components of X easier
instead of having to update every package for minor changes with
elements of X.

Jim

--
QOTD: