up2date reports system is always up to date??

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 15:15:04 UTC 2005

Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How to set up2date to recognize that there really is work to do?
>
>up2date keeps reporting that my system is fully up to date.
>
>I know there are updates on the "updates-released" channel for Fedora.
>
>Can someone tell me how to wake up2date up?
>

>Thanks,
>Ernesto

    The problem is in the rhn applet.  When fedora moved up2date to use
yum repositories the applet was not told how to read the new style
headers.  As a result you don't get informed.  As you may know up2date
still works and will tell you what is ready when you click on the applet
and select to start update.  Hopefully this will be resolved for FC5.

Scott