rhythmbox-0.9.0.cvs20050902-1 never starts

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 16:42:53 UTC 2005

Justin Conover wrote:

> Does anyone else have a problem with rhythmbox not starting, at all,
> ever, nien?
>
> How can I live with out my resource hungry music library?
>
> beep/xmms are ok, i still prefer rhythmbox. thanks though ;)

    I doubt if many here are using the cvs version (I have the -0.8.8-2
myself and it starts every time).  You should try starting it from the
command line, to see if the output there will give an answer to your
problem.  If no answer you could try to run : strace rhythmbox,  which
will attempt o follow system calls, and may tell you what is failing.

Good luck

Scott