rhythmbox-0.9.0.cvs20050902-1 never starts

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:21:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 14:08 -0500, Justin Conover wrote:

> On 10/5/05, oldman <talbotscott at cox.net> wrote:
>         Justin Conover wrote:
>
>         > Does anyone else have a problem with rhythmbox not starting,
>         at all,
>         > ever, nien?
>         >
>         > How can I live with out my resource hungry music library?
>         >
>         > beep/xmms are ok, i still prefer rhythmbox. thanks
>         though ;)
>
>             I doubt if many here are using the cvs version (I have the
>         -0.8.8-2
>         myself and it starts every time).  You should try starting it
>         from the
>         command line, to see if the output there will give an answer
>         to your
>         problem.  If no answer you could try to run : strace
>         rhythmbox,  which
>         will attempt o follow system calls, and may tell you what is
>         failing.
>
>         Good luck
>
>         Scott
>
> well, the cvs version is what is in rawhide ;)
>
> I have went back to dries version for fc4 just to work, i couldn't
> make heads or tails over strace when i ran it earlier ;)

Justin, I had a problem a few days ago where rhythmbox refused to play
anything.  It would start however.  After a reboot (I had just yumed a
rawhide update) it works just fine.  I'm listening to radio ioambient as
I type.

[bpm]$ rpm -qa | egrep "rhythmbox|gstreamer"
gstreamer-0.8.11-1
gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.8.3-0.lvn.1.3
gstreamer-tools-0.8.11-1
gstreamer-plugins-mp3-0.8.8-0.lvn.1.4
gstreamer-plugins-0.8.11-1
gstreamer-plugins-devel-0.8.11-1
rhythmbox-0.9.0.cvs20050902-1
gstreamer-devel-0.8.11-1

--
Brian Millett - [ Ambassador Londo Mollari's opening narrative, "The
Gathering"]
"I was there at the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind. It began in the
Earth year 2257 with the founding of the last of the Babylon stations,
located deep in neutral space.
It was a port of call for refugees, smugglers, businessmen, diplomats
and travelers from a hundred worlds. It could be a dangerous place, but
we accepted the risk because Babylon 5 was our last, best hope for
peace.
Under the leadership of its final commander, Babylon 5 was a dream given
form, a dream of a galaxy without war, when species from different
worlds
could live side-by-side in mutual respect, a dream that was endangered
as
never before by the arrival of one man on a mission of destruction.
Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. This is its story."