rawhide report: 20051007 changes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Oct 9 04:28:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 10:13:00PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 12:26 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:34:27AM -0400, Build System wrote:
> > >
> > > Removed package libungif
> >
> > AFAICS at least emacs and imlib packages depend on that one
> > so uninstalling it at this moment is not an option.
>
> It's been replaced by giflib, which provides the same libraries/sonames

Indeed.  Thanks!  Without that information I would have had a head
scratcher figuring out what really happened. :-)

Now, when i look at my logs I see that libungif got automatically
erased.  Only from 'rpm -V ...' I see at this moment things like
"at least one of file's dependencies has changed since prelinking".
'prelink' happened to kick in at the same time when an update was
in a full swing.

   Michal