Release notes for Fedora Core 5 test 1 release and your participation

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 15:34:25 UTC 2005

Hi

>Has this changed? Are beat writers now going to be assigned from the
>at-large community instead of going through each subproject's
>development team?

The developer point of contact obviously needs to be a developer and it
would certainly help to have them take care of documenting changes in
their primary domains (special docs commits in cvs helps them in this)
but if not, then the community could get involved and track these
changes, poke for more information
(#fedora-devel, private mails etc) and get them into the release notes.
It doesnt take much time for someone to cover a particular beat and the
commitment is only expected for the lifetime of a single major stable
release although more the merrier. The community at large getting
involved would also help to highlight whatever  transparency we need to
bring into the process and rationale behind the several different
changes happening in every release

regards
Rahul