x86-64 rawhide update obnoxiousness

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 12:42:38 UTC 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 13:15, Steve Grubb wrote:
>  I get hung up on kde and can't get anything related to
> install. I had been thinking it was a packaging problem that was going to
> work itself out, but it may be a bug in something.

Today's rawhide finally let kde update. Now, if I type in "yum update gcc" I
get this:

Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/java/libgcj-4.0.2.jar from install
of libgcj-4.0.2-3 conflicts with file from package libgcj-4.0.2-1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/fastjar.1.gz from install of libgcj-4.0.2-3
conflicts with file from package libgcj-4.0.2-1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/gcj-dbtool.1.gz from install of libgcj-4.0.2-3
conflicts with file from package libgcj-4.0.2-1
<snip>

If I do "yum update libgcj*" and then it all gets updated correctly. It also
does not help that you cannot tell if the conflict is between x86_64 and i386
packages. Biarch systems should show the arch in their messages.

-Steve