Loopback fails to load revisited

RaXeT maxer1 at xmission.com
Wed Oct 12 15:51:10 UTC 2005

What needs to be done to repair a broken loopback process?

I made a custom kernel as 2.6.13-1.1600_FC5 (done this since August).

I rebooted, and now can't get past this:

"Bringing up loopback" message.

I can rmmod loop and again modprobe loop, but lsmod doesn't show loop?

I'm able to do Interactive startup and skip the Network initialization and
even

roll the more new kernel 1601.

I can term the session at any time and cleanly shutdown/reboot.

Any ideas what I need to do to restore a this non functioning loopback
process?

Thanks in advance,

RaXeT