Postinstall scriptlet failed due to missing theme index file

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Fri Oct 14 20:30:43 UTC 2005

I am not sure which component to file this bug against. Any ideas?

I installed rawhide recently, and chose the "Minimal" option in package
selections. I then installed OpenOffice.org and Eclipse using yum.
I received errors like the following:

  Installing: eclipse-platform             ####################### [70/75]
No theme index file in '/usr/share/icons/hicolor'.
If you really want to create an icon cache here, use --ignore-theme-index.
error: %post(eclipse-platform-3.1.1-1jpp_2fc.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

It seems that the eclipse-platform scriptlet assumes that another package
will have already installed a theme index file in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor - but that is not necessarily true. This problem
also exists for at least one other package (OpenOffice.org I think). So
I'm not sure whether I should file bugs against the individual packages
which trigger this problem, or against gtk, or against anaconda.

--
Robin