Fedora Core 4 Test Update: NetworkManager-0.5.1-1.FC4.1

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Oct 21 10:27:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 09:48 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Product     : Fedora Core 4
> Name        : NetworkManager
> Version     : 0.5.1
> Release     : 1.FC4.1

Doesn't seem to work here. It asks for the encryption key, sets the key
correctly and the link is working. IPv6 autonegotiation works and
connectivity is working -- I can see traffic on the network with
tcpdump. But there's no DHCP request, so no Legacy IP address, and very
soon it asks me for another encryption key.

NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key for network 'Baythorne Wavelan' received.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 1 (Device Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless) Stage 2 (Device Configure) will connect to access point 'Baythorne Wavelan'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): access point 'Baythorne Wavelan' is encrypted, and a key exists.  No new key needed.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): using essid 'Baythorne Wavelan', with Open System authentication.
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1129889326.890942]  (): Activation (eth1/wireless): no hardware link to 'Baythorne Wavelan' in Open System mode, trying Shared Key.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1/wireless): using essid 'Baythorne Wavelan', with Shared Key authentication.
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1129889337.502387]  (): Activation (eth1/wireless): no hardware link to 'Baythorne Wavelan' in Shared Key mode, need correct key?
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key requested for network 'Baythorne Wavelan'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) Stage 2 (Device Configure) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (eth1) New wireless user key for network 'Baythorne Wavelan' received.

Dhcdbd is installed and running, but doesn't seem to be doing much --
it's just sitting in a select() loop.

While it's claiming that the network is broken and asking me for another
key, I can continue to use IPv6 just fine, and I can even use IPv4 if I
give it an address manually.

On the plus side, this does seem to fix the problem I had with 'ifup
bnep0' not working because dhclient complained that something else was
already listening on the dhcp client socket :)

--
dwmw2