Unsure what to report these as or even what is causing them.

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Oct 22 19:05:01 UTC 2005

Paul wrote:
> My final one is X/nVidia related. I recompile the 7676-0.lvn-2.4 version
> from livna with every new version of the kernel. If I don't, then my
> system works fine. If I do, install the built RPM and then restart X, X
> will not start giving an error about the library being built with the
> 7174 version, but the module being built with 7676. Looking at the logs,
> libglx seems to be the problem.

> Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
> compiled for 4.0.2, module version 1.0.7174
> Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
> ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem?
>
> I'm using rawhide, updated daily.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

The NVIDIA driver consists of two packages, one for the kernel module,
and one for the library.  You have to make sure you use matching
versions of the two.  You only have to rebuild the kernel module when
you install a new kernel, but make sure the library package and the
kernel module package you build and install are the same driver release.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com