Unable to boot with SELinux enabled

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 24 21:43:28 UTC 2005

David Nielsen wrote:
>>Have you tried relabeling?
>>
>>You can boot with the kernel parameter of "autorelabel", or touch
>>/.autorelabel and reboot.
>>\
>

> The previous suggestion of using enforcing=0 caused a relabel, I have
> forced several relabels manually using autorelabel as well - still no
> luck.
>
> No thing I did notice during the rawhide install is that it defaults to
> disabling SELinux (I selected it enabled though), I figured there might
> be problems with SELinux currently and that was why I was seeing this.
>
> - David

When SELinux was messed up on my system. I had to do the below to get my
system relabeled properly. In my case, autorelabel did not even take
place with either touch /.autorelabel or if I gave autorelabel as a boot
parameter.

 From earlier posting:
When grub starts append selinux=0 to boot parameters and boot into
single user mode.
(selinux=0 single)

Run "fixfiles relabel" and reboot after relabeling has completed.

Jim