Fedora Rawide kernel 2.6.13-1.1624

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at astute-systems.com
Wed Oct 26 13:45:16 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to update my kernel to the latest available in the rawhide
tree (2.6.13-1.1624_FC5) but I'm finding some booting problem pertaining
to booting from a LVM partition. I believe that the kernel, after
or the "binary" inside nash has developed a problem.

I've tried to get a dump of the booting process but it would appear that
my serial port is being picked up twice and something weird to happening
to it. The last kernel that I'm able to boot successfully is
2.6.11-1.1369_FC4. I did try to "marry" the boot image of
2.6.13-1.1624_FC5 with the initrd image of 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 as found
that it did check to find any LVM volumes before trying to mount "/".

I have also tried to replace "root=LABEL=/ with
"root=/dev/LogVol00/Root" (which it where my root partition is) but
appeared to have no change to the outcome.

thanks in-advance for you help.

Peter Tiggerdine
Astute Systems