Repos needed to use testing packages

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:35:28 UTC 2005

On 9/5/05, Trey Sizemore <trey at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:13:02 -0400
> glenn <gsimpson at mountaincable.net> wrote:
>
> > Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > > Can someone tell me/point me to what repos are needed on my fresh
> > > Fedora 4 install so that I can update the system to the
> > > latest/greatest?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > I just installed FC4 released distro, and then used yum to update the
> > kernel, and then all the other pkgs.
> > yum -y update kern*
> > then rebooted to that kernel
> > yum -y --exclude=kde-i18n* update
> > to update everything but the kde international which on Sat had a
> > dependency problem. I expect that will soon be cleared.
> >
> > The defaults of the distro work for FC4.
> >
> > FC5 devel is a different item.
> >
> > Glenn
> >

> Thanks. I guess my question would be more pertinent once FC5 betas
> start.

If you want to run rawhide.
cd /etc/yum.repos.d

Change the following to "enabled=0"
fedora.repo
fedora-updates.repo
fedora-extras.repo

Change the following to "enable=1"
fedora-devel.repo
fedora-extras-devel.repo

or a little sed script

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
vi mv2rawhide.sh

#!/bin/bash
echo ---- Hold on to your HardDrive, were going RawHide!!!----------
echo
sed 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/' fedora.repo > temp ; mv -f temp fedora.repo
echo --
sed 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/' fedora-updates.repo > temp ; mv -f temp
fedora-updates.repo
echo ------
sed 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/' fedora-extras.repo > temp ; mv -f temp
fedora-extras.repo
echo -------------
sed 's/enabled=0/enabled=1/' fedora-devel.repo > temp ; mv -f temp
fedora-devel.repo
sed 's/enabled=0/enabled=1/' fedora-extras-devel.repo > temp ; mv -f temp
fedora-extras-devel.repo
echo All done, lets mv to rawhide now!
echo
echo Performing yum update