usb drives not accessable from "Computer" folder on desktop

Demond James maestronn at wowway.com
Fri Sep 30 13:33:08 UTC 2005

Just thought I would check here with this before I dived into bugzilla.
USB drives get mounted and are acessable in /media/ when plugged in but
when you try to access them via the icons created in the "computer
folder on the desktop you get an "unable to mount volume" error.  The
details of the error states that /dev/sdb1 is already mounted or
/media/usbdrive is busy.
Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a bugzilla entry?  Does
anyone know what component would be the culprit here?  My best guess is
gnome-volume-manager.

Demond