[FC5] ClamAV - Anyone using this?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Apr 1 01:24:13 UTC 2006

On Friday, March 31, 2006 7:57 AM -0800 Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using ClamAV for FC5?  Is there any need to use
> this on FC5?

I haven't yet used it with FC5, but I use it on several FC2 systems in
combination with MIMEDefang and sendmail to scan email passing through my
gateways. I don't recall any special problems rebuilding it on FC2, but I
did have to create a MIMEDefang-specific config file and initscript to run
a clamd dedicated to MIMEDefang's use. Ideally those should be included as
subpackages, one per potential client. I believe the doc directory includes
an explanation of how to set this up.