Why no development mirrors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:15:30 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, Paul Dickson <paul at permanentmail.com> wrote:
> Great.  There is no longer any error recovery if a mirror doesn't have
> have an rpm.  I had to run yum eight times before it could sucessfully
> download everything and begin installing/updating.

feel free to edit your yum config for the fedora-development repo and
use one of the alternative localized rawhide mirrorlists in
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/
or just comment out the mirrorlist in the development repo config and
use a static list of baseurls for mirrors that you trust.

and fyi jkeating has already commented that this is going to be
reverted on rawhide and that there are some cvs issues in the way,
search the -devel-list list archives for his comments from March 29th.

-jef