disk mounter 2.14.0 problem

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Sun Apr 2 05:10:18 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On 4/1/06, LarryT <guess.who at freesurf.fr> wrote:
>> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>>> Is this gnome or kde?
>>>
>>> -jef
>>>
>> gnome, i use gnome desktop.
>

> I am specifically following up on the floppy drive comment... not the cd.
> Is the floppy kernel module loaded?
>
> My floppy works for me as I would expect via the gnome gui and using
> gnome-mount on the commandline.  If the floppy drive isnt showing up
> in the gnome gui the most likely reason it wouldn't be showing up is
> if the floppy module isn't loaded and hal didn't "see" the floppy. If
> memory serves, floppies can't be probed for like other devices can and
> the only way to know if you have a floppy is to load the the floppy
> kernel module.
>
> Things to check from the cmdline for correct floppy support in the
> kernel and in hal
> /sbin/lsmod |grep floppy    should return with output
>
> lshal |grep fd0  should return with something like
>   block.device = '/dev/fd0'  (string)
>   linux.sysfs_path_device = '/sys/block/fd0'  (string)
>   linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/block/fd0'  (string)
>

> -jef

Thx jef :)
here is the output :
[root at ws016 ~]# /sbin/lsmod |grep floppy
floppy                 57733  0
[root at ws016 ~]# lshal |grep fd0
   block.device = '/dev/fd0'  (string)
   linux.sysfs_path_device = '/sys/block/fd0'  (string)
   linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/block/fd0'  (string)
[root at ws016 ~]#

Well, if i click on the floppy mounter i get an error
if i try in a shell : gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0, i get an error.
The only way i found is :
#mount /dev/fd0 /tmp/floppy (i created a floppy dir in /tmp)

--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when