Update to Mono?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 5 17:47:44 UTC 2006

> On the topic of mono, I'd like to get mod_mono/xsp into FE as well.
> However, the current tarball of mod_mono won't compile with FC5, but the
> version in svn head will.
>
> What are the rules for grabbing the version from svn head, tar balling
> it and compiling against that? Is there a naming convention (such as
> mod_mono-1.1.14-svn040406.src.rpm sort of thing)? Obviously anything
> like that can only ever be in the rawhide version...

Why? There have been other cases of CVS/SVN packages in stable Fedora Extras.
AFAIK, stable versions are preferred, but if the snapshot is the only version
which works, it's surely better than nothing, so it will be allowed. You could
risk upsetting the developers (as has happened with gnome-pilot, see
fedora-devel-list, so you may want to ask them if they're OK with it), but
AFAIK it's not against Fedora rules as long as you can justify it (and "the
stable version does not even compile" is enough of a justification). The naming
convention is mod_mono-1.1.14-0.svn20060404 if I'm not mistaken.

        Kevin Kofler