[Fwd: Fedora Foundation]

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 19:14:56 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Not necessarily all the best of breed components but what fits into RHEL
> product space. RHEL is open source too. So its Free in that aspect

RHEL is not open source in that I can download and use it without
paying a support fee for it.  Piggy-back support clauses are standard
with regard to "the software is free however you may only use it so
long as your support contract is paid up."  Not a bad thing; even
RedHat has to feed itself (in a corporate sort of way.)

That is where open source product lines differ: commercially
"available" open source and "truly" open source.

If I am mistaken, regarding either above, please enlighten me.
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/