Does AIGLX work on FC5 + (updates or some of rawhide) yet?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Wed Apr 12 08:32:24 UTC 2006

2006-04-11 David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote

> So, yes, it's available in rawhide, the only thing I had to do was set
> the GConf key /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager

Just tested it on my AMD64 here, and in addition to this key, I also had
to add the following lines to /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
      Option "Composite"
EndSection

After i restarted GDM and logged in again, I had nice dropshadows and
everything, but the desktop was really, really slow - almost
unresponsive.  Guess AMD64 and Radeon 9200 SE does not play well
together yet.

Reverted to a "normal" Gnome-session and tested glxgears - it gives me
a whopping 55 FPS in full screen mode, with 100% CPU usage.
=;-)

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen