firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 16:29:34 UTC 2006

Jeff

> Firefox's internal update mechanism is only useful if you get firefox
> from mozilla directly. Fedora provided firefox rpms and the idea is
> that you will use the fedora package management and update system to
> get the firefox updates which fedora provides as fedora provides
> them... ie yum or pup or whatever other rpm management tool you
> prefer.

Is there a smooth way transition from Fedora Firefox to Mozilla Firefox
and back again?

I'm thinking that users might choose to use plugins and extensions (from
third parties), then might prefer to update using Firefox's update
mechanism which does sensible things with plugins and extensions. Also
the Mozilla Firefox update seems very kind on bandwidth compared to
getting a new rpm.

I'm sure there are benefits to using Fedora Firefox - feel free to point
them out.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--