firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Josh islifefun1975 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 16:34:46 UTC 2006

> I haven't been able to update Firefox to 1.5.0.2 from Help -> Check for
> updates on FC5. Firefox says no updates are available.

Firefox's internal update mechanism is only useful if you get firefox
from mozilla directly. Fedora provided firefox rpms and the idea is
that you will use the fedora package management and update system to
get the firefox updates which fedora provides as fedora provides
them... ie yum or pup or whatever other rpm management tool you
prefer.

I thought inspite of RPM installation, firefox should still be able to fetch updates. I believe the updates are only binary diffs and i do not see how difficult would it be to update from firefox itself.

I wouldn't have to wait  for a couple of days  or weeks for fedora to release an security update when automatic update feature is already available in firefox.

Josh