firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Josh islifefun1975 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 17:01:26 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote: On 4/14/06, Cam  wrote:
> I'm sure there are benefits to using Fedora Firefox - feel free to point
> them out.

If you don't understand the value of package management at the
application level, then perhaps you have chosen the wrong distribution
for your own personal use. I look forward to seeing your homemade
distribution on distrowatch which allows each and every application to
provide its own update mechanism directly from the upstream project
site on an application by application basis as the prefered means by
which users are expected to pull updates.

Dude, if there is already a feature available why not use it? I do not expect every application to feature automatic update. I'm just trying to use what is available esp. with security fixes.

So far you haven't been able to give me a technical reason why it an't be done. Instead your preaching me about application compile time options and package management. Re read my posts again, I'm not asking fedora to implement an automatic update feature for all apllications .. just to use whats available on firefox.

Josh