[ANNOUNCE] Aurora Build-2.0

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:36:39 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Here are the known issues:

> * On Sun Blade 100s, non-LVM installs will complete, but the system may
> not boot.

Is this tracable back to an invalid SUN disk label being created (or
possibly none at all) ?  My older Debian release had a issue of
sometimes not making the SUN disk label correctly...

> * The following machines have horrible ide controllers:
> SunBlade 100, Ultra 5, Ultra 10
> Accordingly, the installer needs to boot with the following option in
> order to succeed on these machines: ide=nodma

Where can  find a list of development/test machines?

On a positive note -
Overall definitely a great milestone =)  Even though I no longer have
my Ultra 10 I am looking forward to getting another Ultrasparc in the
future and would lke to have FC5/6 run on it along with PPC, Intel,
and (if Santa really loves me) a Cell-BE!

But I must be dreaming...  LOL  =)
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/