Fedora Core 6 Test 2 (5.91) anaconda kiskstart notes

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Aug 8 18:18:56 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 10:35 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Jesse Keating wrote:
>>> Notable Features of FC6 Test 2
>>> ==============================
>>> * Ability to install from additional yum repositories during anaconda
>>> installations and kickstarts.
>> Any documentation on this (particularly kickstart info)?
>
> See /usr/share/doc/anaconda*/kickstart-docs.txt :-)
>
> Jeremy

So, in order to learn the new anaconda features for installing FC6, I
must first install my FC6T2 system, then install anaconda (which I don't
really have a need for other than the docs)? :-(

I know this will be in the FC6 release notes when they finally happen,
but, perhaps a quick wiki page?

Anywho, for those interested:

    repo (optional) - EXPERIMENTAL

        Configures additional yum repositories that may be used as sources
        for package installation.  Multiple repo lines may be specified.

        --name=

            The repo id.  This option is required.

        --baseurl=

            The URL for the repository.  The variables that may be used in
            yum repo config files are not supported here.  You may use one
            of either this option or --mirrorlist, not both.

        --mirrorlist=

            The URL pointing at a list of mirrors for the repository.  The
            variables that may be used in yum repo config files are not
            supported here.  You may use one of either this option or
            --baseurl, not both.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222