Installer FC6T2 hangs after starting X, uses 99% of CPU.

John Muir muirj at nortel.com
Thu Aug 10 20:44:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

Using FC6T2, motherboard is nForce4, with an Athlon64, PCI-Express
nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video card. There are no problems probing
things; all of the right modules are loaded (sata_nv and the USB driver).

The system works fine with all other distributions, including FC3 which
I am running now, but I haven't been able install FC5 or FC6. After X
starts, there is a black screen, and the mouse pointer is working.

When I go into the shell to try to diagnose, I see anaconda using 99% of
the CPU.

Is there any debugging that I can turn on?
Is there a debug ISO of some kind where I can debug anaconda?
There are already several similar bugs in bugzilla, but none which are
identical. Should I open a new bug, or try to get more information first?

John.