fc6t2 install hangs after trying to start X

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 00:45:38 UTC 2006

>From: Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
><fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: fc6t2 install hangs after trying to start X
>Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:39:06 -0400

>>>Are you installing rawhide? (current content on mirrors) - Or are you
>>>using the dvd.iso downloaded to a hard disk or content of the
>>>installation disc?
>>
>>I was installing from a hard disk directory containing the CD iso's,
>>not the current rawhide.
>
>Thanks! I believe you can still try to install from a hard disk that
>contains the ISO files for CD version or just the DVD.iso for the DVD
>version. Maybe something was not right with the transfer of the data to the
>hard disk.

Hmm... the sha1sums check out for all 5 CDs.  And I used the
same boot CD on another computer and it worked fine there.
So my boot CD and hard drive iso images both check out.
I've tried the installation 2x with the same results on that
computer.  Unless somebody wants me to try to something
else, I'll probably just wait for test3 and try again, but I think
something other than a bad iso image on my disk is to blame.

Cheers...

         David

sha1sum --check SHA1SUM
FC-6-Test2-i386-rescuecd.iso: OK