Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2171_FC5

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 22:43:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:24:17AM +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

 > Suspend and resume is still busted in this kernel on my Dell Inspiron
 > 9300.
 >
 > Seems to suspend okay, but wont resume.  Keyboard is dead and the only
 > way to fix is to hold down the power button.

Some of the rawhide testers found that things broke a while ago
and recently started working again.  The problem is I'm not entirely
sure which changes are responsible.

As a worst case, hopefully a rebase to .18 when its released will fix it,
but hopefully before then we can figure out which patch broke things
and just revert that change.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk