Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2171_FC5

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 15 22:51:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 18:43 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:24:17AM +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
>  > Suspend and resume is still busted in this kernel on my Dell Inspiron
>  > 9300.
>  >
>  > Seems to suspend okay, but wont resume.  Keyboard is dead and the only
>  > way to fix is to hold down the power button.
>
> Some of the rawhide testers found that things broke a while ago
> and recently started working again.  The problem is I'm not entirely
> sure which changes are responsible.

Quick me too: my Acer Ferrari 4005 suspends but with 2171 does not
resume. Black screen, no response from the keyboard (capslock led does
not turn on). Need to hit the power button also for a hard cycle.

> As a worst case, hopefully a rebase to .18 when its released will fix it,
> but hopefully before then we can figure out which patch broke things
> and just revert that change.

Fwiw someone with the same laptop tracks rawhide and mentioned today
that the current rawhide kernel also does not resume.

Regards,
Patrick