Compiz Bling and Lock Up Debugging

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Aug 16 15:14:07 UTC 2006

Compiz is working much better for me with the update of a few days ago.
It seems to have all WM functions that metacity has, although the
keybindings are spread out somewhat unintuitively over various plugins.
I guess the expose plugin is not included due to potential patent
worries?

Anyhoo, I've got a lockup problem that seems to be triggered whenever
compiz quits. My entire laptop locks up. If I try to log out or restart
from Gnome, I get the lockup. If I reboot from a virtual console, it
seems to work. It's definitely tied to my ATI R250 because on it doesn't
happen on an ATI RV100 (although compiz doesn't work too well on the
RV100).

Any ideas on how to debug?

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |