Kernel 2.6.18?

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 18:26:49 UTC 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 11:28, Steven Haigh wrote:

> Quoting Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com>:

>>> Hmmm - I must say I wasn't aware of this... If that the case, I
>>> wonder if it's possible to get gregkh's full patch put into the
>>> Fedora kernel.... would certainly make my life much easier :P
>>
>> Looks like Linus is back from vacation (or at least popping in), as
>> 2.6.18-rc5 hit kernel.org on Sunday. That ought to contain everything
>> gregkh was keeping in his tree, and we ought to have a new rawhide
>> kernel based on -rc5 relatively soon...
>
> Doesn't look like (for whatever reason) 2.6.18-rc5 had his patches
> in it

Looks like we actually switched back to tracking the rc patches
instead of gregkh patches back there on the 20th... Tracking gregkh
was only temporary, while Linus was away.

> as there's still the updated USB core stuff as well as i2c/PCI
> fixes that haven't been migrated into the kernel yet at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/
> gregkh-all-2.6.18-rc5.patch
>
> It's about a 1.1Mb patch, mainly geared towards fixing a number of
> USB issues as well as a few more drivers (including the adutux
> drive that I require).

We try to stick to as close to upstream as possible, so once those
are in Linus' tree, we'll pull them into rawhide, but typically not
before.

Almost there with a 2.6.18-rc5-git1-based kernel though...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com