Preferred Applications > Mail Reader setting for Thunderbird is incorrect

Arnout Lok arnout.lok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:31:15 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net> wrote:
> The System > Preferences > More Preferences > Preferred Applications >
> Mail Reader setting for the Thunderbird Mail choice sets the command to
> "thunderbird mailto:%s" where it should be "thunderbird %s", the same as
> the other choices for evolution and kmail.  To get a mailto: link in a
> web page to set the address in thunderbird correctly, one has to use the
> Custom setting and remove the mailto: part of the command.
>
> This is true in both FC5 and FC6T2.  What component should I file a bug
> against?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gerry

hello,

sorry for the late reply but I stumbled upon this question searching
the list for something else.

Back to 'Preferred Applications'. It's as far I can see part of the
package 'control-center':

[arnout at sharptooth Desktop]$ rpm -qif $(which
gnome-default-applications-properties)
Name        : control-center               Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.15.92                           Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 5.fc6                         Build Date: ma 28 aug 2006
05:42:56 CEST

regards,
Arnout Lok