Easy Fedora -- I agree with Newbie

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 04:09:15 UTC 2006

Easy Fedora is a requirement if Fedora is to be targeting a Desktop user. We should point him to a place such as www.easylinux.info  where there is a tar  file and script (frog.sh) that installs all the multimedia stuff that is taboo for open source. If these taboo install sources were available easily, say 30 minutes to install, then Fedora would be #1 in distributions for a very long time. Instead, it is, as the song goes, slip,sliding away.

This morning, I reinstalled Fedora for the third time. After the install, I went to several web sites to download drivers, and close source binaries to make Fedora useful for browsing the net. (Flash from Adobe, mp3, mpeg, and other  formats) so I could watch stuff from youtubes.

My guess is that there are about 10,000 desktop users for each file server system. Mabe that figure is too high, but that is what is driving UBUNTU, Novell, Mandriva to tackle that market niche. And if there suddenly became a small charge for support (say $25.00) to help setup, I could see several multimillion dollar revenu companies coming into existance.

My thoughts support the suggestion of the Newbie and his Easy Fedora concept.

     Regards
 Les.
 Les. Satenstein
4116 Avenue Girourd.
Montreal Quebec H4A 3C9  Canada
voice:  514-369-1685
You will get more with honey than with vinegar.
mailto:lsatenstein at yahoo.com