Mono

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Dec 4 14:53:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 14:30 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Any chances of this happening any time soon? I'm happy if the RH
> > > engineers want to just use mine to save time...
> >
> > I'm mega busy with FC6 bugs and RHEL5 work, so I don't have much time
> > for rawhide work atm. Could you perhaps generate patches against the FC6
> > specfiles, that would make it easier for me to integrate and review your
> > work.
>
> The src rpms for both libgdiplus and mono are at
>
> http://nodoid.homelinux.org/csharp/dl/mono.spec
> http://nodoid.homelinux.org/csharp/dl/libgdiplus.spec
>
> There are quite a few changes in the 1.1.17 and 1.2.2 spec files - and
> absolutely masses of changes from the current rawhide/FC6 release and
> 1.2.2 in the source.
>
> It is probably going to be easier to grab the src rpm, run it through
> mock once built and see if that's usable!

I'm currently building the 1.2.2 packages in rawhide.

There are a couple of bugs in your packages btw. Moving libgdiplus.so to
libgdiplus-devel is gonna break System.Drawing unless you have
libgdiplus-devel installed, as mono dlopens "libgdiplus.so".

You moved a bunch of core lib*.so (i.e. libMonoPosixHelper.so) to
mono-devel that are also opened by name (and they hanve no .so.x
versions). These are needed to run mono apps, and shouldn't be in
mono-devel.

Also, i'm not sure what the libtool changes were used for. They didn't
seem necessary.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a fast talking Catholic rock star with acid for blood. She's a man-hating
mute wrestler who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian
queen. They fight crime!