Is it safe for kernel? and other FC6 lingering packages

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 09:41:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 06:51:37AM +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
 > tor, 07 12 2006 kl. 19:35 -0500, skrev Jim Cornette:
 > > Just curious if it is safe to install the kernel yet? Also, I was
 > > wondering about the status of other lingering fc6 packages in rawhide.
 > > Are these packages going to be updated to fc7 shortly?
 >
 > Rumour has it that DaveJ has gone on an pilgrimmage (to LCA I think), he

alas no, that's next month.  This month takes me to the land of
mini tornados (England).  I've been up to my eyes in immigration beurocracy
and travelling, so network connectivity has been sporadic which hasn't
helped the situation.  I get back to the US on Sunday though, so normal
updates should resume next week.

 > is therefore unable to fix the kernel package right now, just hope he
 > does not succumb to poisoning by airline food.
 >
 > Besides this is rawhide, it's supposed to eat babies every once in a
 > while.

Brief story so far:
- I updated to 2.6.19 and pushed something out to rawhide.
- I started rebasing to 2.6.19-git (the road to 2.6.20), and met
  a gazillion build problems.
- Then it turned out the build I pushed out was a stinker.
- I've been battling build failures the last day or two trying
  to get *something* out there and failing miserably.

I 'withdrew' the 2.6.19 kernel from rawhide yesterday, so people
doing just a 'yum update' shouldn't get it anymore with any luck.

I'll keep fighting it to try and get something out soon, but it
may have to wait until I get back.

		Dave