Problems with dependencies in current rawhide

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 11 19:11:40 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 10:42 am, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone got a recipe that avoids the dependencies in the current
> batch of rawhide updates?  Patience being a virtue for rawhide
> users, I can exercise some and wait it out if that is best.
>
> TIA

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum?highlight=%28yum%29

Tips and Tricks

"Yum halts if there is any dependency problem within the repository
to be safe and doesnt perform partial updates. Use this script if
you want that. Kindly ensure that you report any dependency issues
to the appropriate repository bug tracker or post to the relevant
project list if it requires more discussions."

 #!/bin/sh
 for i in `yum list updates |cut -f 1 -d " " |grep -A 500 -e
Updated |\
    (all one line, better to copy an paste from the webpage)
 grep -v -e Updated` ; do
       echo "Updating $i"
       yum -y update $i
 done

    Long ago I copied that script into a file an made it executable
in my /home/<user>/bin  dir.  I named it yumnd.  EG, as
root,  'yumnd' on the CL.    BUT don't hold your breath... it will
install very few updates from current rawhide, leavin out many that
have missin deps.  It's also much slower than 'yum update'. So
you'll still need to have "Patience"
--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas