Problems with dependencies in current rawhide

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 11 22:24:24 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 1:32 pm, Richard Hally wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Tom Brinkman wrote:

> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum?highlight=%28yum%29
> >>
> >> Tips and Tricks
> >>
> >> "Yum halts if there is any dependency problem within the
> >> repository to be safe and doesnt perform partial updates. Use
> >> this script if you want that. Kindly ensure that you report
> >> any dependency issues to the appropriate repository bug
> >> tracker or post to the relevant project list if it requires
> >> more discussions."
> >
> > We have a better solution now. Updated that page.
> >
> > Rahul
>
> why is it that the plugin is called skip-broken but the switch to
> invoke it is --ignore-broken?
> Richard

    Hmmm.... I dual boot, Fc6-test and rawhide. I have skip-broken
(along with fastestmirror) installed on both. Never seemed to work
as expected, so I resorted to my 'yumnd'.  Next time I boot rawhide
I'll try your '--ignore-broken' switch. Thanks.

--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas