Very slow screen refresh

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Feb 5 06:34:39 UTC 2006

All -

I am running FC5t2 x86_64 on an Intel D945PVS motherboard with an Intel
3.0GHz HT processor and 512MB memory.  My video card is an nVidia
GeForce FX 5200 with 128MB memory.  My monitor is a Viewsonic VA201wb
19" LCD monitor.  I am running at 1600x1200 resolution, thousands of
colors.

When I minimize an application window, say Firefox or Evolution, it
takes a few seconds for my desktop to refresh.  It is very odd.  I
didn't see this on the exact same hardware running RHEL.

I've added myself to BZ 178518.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thomas