Minor nuiscance with Gnome Terminal when using vino

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:33:21 UTC 2006

I normally use RealVNC 4.1.1 client, but for the sake of testing I also
tried TightVNC 1.2.9, and it did the same thing.  I also tried to get the
same thing to happen with xterm, and it does not.  And based on your input I
tried it with a VNC managed session just now, and the behaviour does not
exist with that configuration.

So that you can see what I am talking about,  just clicking on the Gnome
Terminal causes the whole end of the line to appear high lighted black as in
this picture: http://www.montleon.com/images/vnc.png.  I am aware that
moving the mouse while clicking could cause things to highlight, but I have
been very steady while hovering the mouse over the terminal when clicking to
see if it's me or the software that's F'ed up.  So far as I can tell it's
the software.

I'd hardly consider it show stopping; it does annoy me that vino is behaving
differently than vnc and a regular desktop session, but I don't think I'd
exactly cry over it.

Jason