kernels after 1907 do not boot

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Tue Feb 7 18:43:02 UTC 2006

I am using an AMD 2000+ based i386 system with FC5 T2 sw.

For kernel versions post 1907 version, the host fails to boot past the
initiation of udev.  The system appears to lock up.  The keyboard
controller is dead.  I have to use 'bus reset button' to force the
restart of the boot cycle.

If I use grub to boot 1907, or older, kernel I do not have the boot issue.

I do not implement LVM because LVM does not provide any advantage to my
usage of the system (if this has any impact on my problem).

A summary of my host is:
   CPU  AMD 2000+
   DDR  1 GB
   disc WD 80 GB PATA connected.