Problem when configuring display during FC5T2-install

Patrick von der Hagen patrick at wudika.de
Tue Feb 14 23:12:29 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I installed FC5T2 on my Dell-notebook but my display was not detected
correctly. 800*600 wasn't quite what I expected. ;-)
I tried to change the display during installation, but failed. No window
was presented to me and the installer stopped responding to mouse or
keyboard. The only thing that still worked was alt+tab, which showed the
borders of a second window, but I could not access it. Perhaps a second
window opened, but was hidden by the installer?
After rebooting the system, installation was started again, I accepted
800*600, finished installation and changed to a decent resolution using
system-config-display.

Bugzilla showed no reports regarding this issue, but sadly, I never
succeed in finding relevant information in bugzilla....

I suppose auto-detection usually works, so manual display-configuration
is seldom needed, but perhaps someone can try manual configuration when
doing the next installation to verify my experience?

--
CU,
    Patrick.