Bling!

Chris Kurecka ckurecka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:22:40 UTC 2006

I followed the steps as listed in the first email of this thread (plus the
selinux suggestion later on), with the only deviation being that sed -i -e
's/Xorg/Xair/g' /usr/share/gdm/config/gdm.conf-custom didn't work, so I
created a /usr/share/gdm/config folder and then touched gdm.conf-custom and
then ran the command.  Not sure if that's wrong to do.

I do indeed get drop shadows and a bunch of solid white windows, and an
earlier email said that might be because I'm using Xorg instead of Xair.
However, I removed /usr/bin/X and made a symlink to /usr/bin/Xair.  Was that
not the right way to make sure Xair is working?

This is all on a Radeon 9000 Pro (RV250) with Xorg drivers, by the way (I
can try fglrx if you need me to, but I thought those didn't support the
composite extension).

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd really like to try this.

Thanks,

Chris Kurecka