FC5T3 freeze (x86_64 + NVidia 6600)

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Fri Feb 24 09:55:33 UTC 2006

Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After fresh install on AMD X2 3800+ (installed x86_64 release) / NVidia
> 6600 and eventually figuring out that ddcprobe segfaults (so I turned
> kudzu off / this issue is apparently fixed in devel) I got FC5T3 working.
>
> Left for night the machine froze after 2.5 hours running - I was
> welcomed with frozen screensaver and totally hang up OS (no way to ssh
> to it, keyboard does not react to Num Lock).
>
> I suspect the nv driver (it's a pristine installation, no tweaking
> whatsoever) since I used to get X garbled using Kubuntu on this machine
> using it (however proprietary drivers packaged for Kubuntu work ok).
>
> What info can help solve this issue (I have collected some logs)?
> Against what should I file a bug?

Best thing to do with any/all "nv" driver bugs is file a bug report at:
http://bugs.freedesktop.org in the xorg product,
component "nVidia (open)"

That goes straight to Aaron Plattner from Nvidia, who is currently
maintaining the open source nv driver (along with Mark V.)

Hope this helps.

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca